Hello everyone! Just here to show some of my recent retouches of this model (Annabel Streatfield) This photo was taken by Angi Wallace. I really enjoy retouching images and making them a little more contrasty and beautiful.
Image 1 the change: For the first image I was looking for more of a dramatic approach so i went ahead and added a deeper feel to the image by adding more contrast to make the colors pop with essential flare. I added ‘level and Gradient fill’ to the image to make a balanced retouch and I also brought this photo into Camera Raw to manipulate the hue and saturation of the image so that other colors like pink and white would also stand out because i did not want the green color to be over bearing. I personally felt that the original picture was a bit too bright so i darkened the picture up – just personal preference. 🙂
Image 2 the change: I have to say that i actually took a longer time working with the second image haha. I soften the skin of the model and removed all the red marks and slight acne on her skin. I also changed her eye color because I wanted her eyes to pop a little more (her normal eyes are also beautiful ) But i felt that the eye make up was a little dark. After changing her eye color , I made her lip color more of dark pink than a blush color. After all the other little details – I went ahead and made her skin softer and the image more contrasty.
I really love retouching images… Can’t wait to start editing my own models! ❤
-The code Cabinet
I’ve been working on my portfolio lately which would definitely explain my interest in portfolios and resumes! here’s a link and ill explain the rest in my presentation. Super duper helpful for me and hopefully you!You’re Welcome – thank me later mate!
What is GitHub?
Github is a web-based company that offers code hosting services. Its platforms allow the users to discuss and share codes with friends , classmates , and even complete strangers.To understand Github you must have an understanding of Git, Git is an open source version control that started by Linus Trovalds, which is the same person who created Linux. Git is also a command-line tool, but the center around which all things are involving Git is “GitHub.com” where coders and developers can store their projects and network with people with the same mindset.
A repository is basically is place where developers store all their files for a particular project. Repositories can be accessed by URL.
Command Line: The computer program we use to input Git commands. On a Mac called Terminal. On a PC, it’s a program that you download when you download Git for the first time
Version Control: Git keeps “snapshots” of every point in time in the project’s history, so you can never lose or overwrite it.
Commit: This is the command that gives Git its power. When you commit, you are taking a “snapshot” of your repository at that point in time, giving you a checkpoint to which you can review or change.
Want to learn about Branching? Click this link below https://guides.github.com/activities/hello-world/
Founders : Chris Wanstratch and Pj Hyett
I hope that certainly helped you get to know about Github a little! 🙂
The code Cabinet
What is SEO?
SEO is basically a set of rules that can be followed by website owners to optimize their websites for search engines , which then improves their search engine rankings.
Why is it important?
If someone has a website , blog, or online store , SEO can help make their business grow and meet the business objectives.
Here are some points:
- SEO improves the user experience and usability of a website
- Great for social promotions of a website
- an increase in search traffic and can also have a common framework to use before publishing content
- SEO can put you ahead of the competition
What are web crawlers?
A web crawler is a program or automated script which browses the web in a systematically automated procedure. A web crawler’s function with a search engine is to use “spidering” as a means to provide up to date data.
What are meta tags?
Meta tags are snippets of text that describes a page’s content.
Roles of following attributes:
- Keyword attribute: keywords help users find your website for what they are or might possibly be looking for.
- Description attribute: Used to tell users why they should click on your result
- Page Title: Search engines display page titles in their search result so that users can recognize what information the website contains.
- Domain Name: A good domain name will increase the website’s visits. Be memorable, relevant, and make your domain easy to spell
What is spamdexing?
Spamdexing is the practice of including information in a web page that causes the search engines to index it in ways that produce results for spandexes, spamdexing usually dissatisfied the users.
Natural Search – People directly entering a URL VS Organic Search- traffic that comes through search engines
- Pay per click: You pay when people click on your ad
- Paid inclusion: website pays a fee to a search engine that guarantees that the site will be displayed.
- video search marketing: Using video to promote or market your brand.
- sponsored listing: Having sponsors that land views
White hat SEO refers to any practice that improves your search performance on a search engine result page. Ex: SERP
Black hat SEO refers to the use of aggressive SEO strategies techniques and tactics that focus on search engines and not the human audience.
What is Drupal?
Drupal is an open source that can be easily used to manage many types of web sites. It is written in the PHP programming language. The software is a ready to use upon download and also includes a web-installer and add on modules. The software supports contents management, newsletters, podcast, image galleries, peer-to-peer networking , file uploads/downloads and more.
What is Drupal used for?
Drupal can be used to do a various amount of things such as:
- Personal websites
- resource directories
- social networking site
Some insights about Drupal
- Drupal originated as a bulletin board system developed by Dries Buytaert in Netherlands. Drupal became an Open source project in 2001. The name “Drupal” represents an english rendering of the dutch word “druppel”, which means “drop”.
- As of February of 2014, more than sites used drupal. Which includes hundreds of well known organizations and corporations , and etc
- According to wikipea, On March 5, 2009 Buytaert announced a code freeze for Drupal 7 for September 1, 2009. Drupal 7 was released on January 5, 2011, with release parties in several countries.
- On January 15, 2015 a Drupal fork called Backdrop was released.Drupal 8.0.0 was released on November 19, 2015
Drupal core includes optional modules that can be enabled by the administrator to extend the functionality of the core website
The core Drupal distribution provides a number of features, including:
- Access statistics and logging
- Advanced search
- Blogs, books, comments, forums, and polls
- Caching and feature throttling for improved performance
- Descriptive URLs and so much more.
In order to become a web developer or web designer you must first get hired by a company , and to be hired by a company you must first have a portfolio or a resume. It is vital that a person has a resume but not necessarily a portfolio
. Here is an example of web developing/ web designing resumes that will hopefully help with future job hunts.
If by any chance you’d rather have a portfolio instead, here are some design portfolios to help out.
click links to view: http://www.creativebloq.com/portfolios/examples-712368
Question: Who first used the phrase “Web 2.0” in the first place?
Question: Describe in “one word” the difference between: Web 1.0, Web 2.0 and Web 3.0 Write a brief summary of each Web.
Answer: Web 1.0 – A new name referring to the first stage of the World Wide Web’s evolution. Web 2.0 – Allows others to collaborate and interact with one another in a social media dialogue. web 3.0 – is the Semantic Web is an extension of the Web through standards by the World Wide Web Consortium (W3C).
Question: What are the sites called wikis? (examples using logos)
Answer: A wiki site is used as a collaborating source for others.
Question: Explain what is the trend named Nomadicity.
Answer: Nomadicity is the tendency of a person, or group of people, to move with relative frequency
Question: What is a “Mashup” for networks? (examples)
Answer: A mash-up (sometimes spelled as one word, mashup) is a Web page or application that integrates complementary elements from two or more sources.
Question: What do you think about the 2.0 controversy?
Answer: I don’t really feel anything towards this specific controversy, I pretty neutral.
If I may say so myself, there are plenty Advantages to Script languages as there are Disadvantages.
- They are easy to learn
- Easy to write
- Faster to develop than an actual program
- Easy to port between
- Open sources allows others to view you source code
- May be slower than a compiled program
- Requires user to install an interpreter
Examples of Scripting Languages